- 1 white onion, diced (3 cups, 350 g)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ribs celery, chopped (2 cups, 200 g)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed (2 heaping cups, 250 g)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups frozen corn (680 g)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- sea salt and fresh-cracked black pepper, to taste
- Add the onion, garlic and celery to a soup pot with a splash of water or vegetable broth. Cook for 5 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the sweet potato and broth, bring to a light simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until the sweet potato is easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove about 2/3 of the soup and blend until smooth and creamy then pour back into the pot.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve right away. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: easy, healthy, vegetarian, meatless
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 186
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 6 g