- 1 cup peeled, cooked and well mashed sweet potatoes (240 g)
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (80 g)
- ½ cup drippy almond butter (120 g)
- ½ cup plant-based milk (100 g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 1 ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (30 g)
- ½ cup spelt flour (55 g)
- up to 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips, optional (85 g)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- Prepare an approximately 8-9 inch square baking pan with a light coating of non-stick spray, lightly grease with oil or line with parchment paper.
- Add the mashed sweet potatoes, coconut sugar, almond butter and coconut milk to a mixing bowl and mix well until completely combined and smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes, or for best results, let col in the fridge for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.
Coconut sugar can be substituted with cane sugar.
Nut-Free Option: Almond butter can be substituted with peanut butter or for nut-free brownies, sunflower seed butter or tahini.
Storing: Let cool before storing. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week, or freezer for up to 3 months. Ok at room temperature for a couple of days if taking to-go. If frozen, thaw at room temperature or in the fridge or microwave.
Serving: Try serving them warm with a scoop of dairy-free vanilla ice cream or coconut yogurt!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 98
- Sugar: 6.5 g
- Sodium: 47 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: sweet potato brownies, vegan sweet potato brownies