For the Roasted Sweet Potato
- 1 medium to large sweet potato, or more
- salt and pepper
- minimal drizzle of olive oil, I usually use about 1/2 tsp per potato
For the Tofu Scramble
- 1 package organic firm or extra-firm tofu
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/4 cup water, plus more if it starts to dry out
For the Sautéed Kale
- 1 bunch of kale, de-stemmed and finely chopped
- either water or a bit of oil to sauté
For the Burritos
- tortillas, gluten-free if needed
- 1/2 a Field Roast Sausage per person
- To Make the Roasted Sweet Potato. Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. Dice the sweet potato and place it on a parchment paper or silicone mat-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil and roast until tender, approximately 30-40 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and any other desired spices.
- To Make the Tofu Scramble. Crumble the tofu into a pan then add the rest of the ingredients and cook until the water is gone.
- To Make the Kale. Tear or chop the kale leaves away from the stems, finely chop then add to a pan and either saute in some water or olive oil until softened. Don’t overcook. You just want it slightly softened and a nice, dark green colour.
- To Assemble the Burritos. Add some roasted sweet potato, tofu scramble, kale, avocado and 1/2 a sliced vegan sausage to a tortilla and if desired salsa and/or vegan sour cream. Fold in two sides then roll it up to create a burrito. Either server immediately or wrap in foil and store in the fridge to be reheated later.
Keywords: meal prep, healthy, high-protein, vegetarian, wrap