- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (add another ¼ tsp to go extra spicy!)
- ½ tsp black pepper, or more to taste
- ¼ tsp sea salt, or more to taste
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 x 28 oz. can diced tomatoes, with their juices
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- ¾ cup jasmine rice
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 6 cups lightly packed, fresh baby spinach
- 1 x 19 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger and onion and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add the spices and tomato paste and sauté a few more minutes.
- Add everything else except for the lime, spinach and chickpeas. Stir well to combine.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes until the rice and vegetables are cooked.
- Stir in the lime, spinach and chickpeas and simmer for a few more minutes until the spinach is completely mixed in.
- Serve with fresh cilantro.
Keywords: peanut stew, easy, plant-based, healthy, best