These gluten-free and vegan sesame cookies are perfect for a unique treat anytime of day or addition to your holiday cookie tray.
- Prepare: Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C) degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Mix Cookie Dough: Mix all the ingredients, except the sesame seeds, in a bowl until you get a moldable dough. If the dough it too dry to roll into balls which can happen if your tahini was too dry, add 1-2 tbsp plant-based milk and mix again until it forms a dough you can shape into cookies. If the cookie dough is overly sticky, you can refrigerate it for a short time to firm up.
- Prepare Sesame Seeds: Prepare a shallow bowl or plate with about 1/4 cup of sesame seeds.
- Coat Cookies in Sesame Seeds: Roll the dough into 10-12 balls, about 2 tbsp each, then roll the balls in the sesame seeds to coat. Flatten each ball with your hands until about 1/3-inch thick and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake and Cool: Bake for about 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Let cool completely on the baking sheet. They will be soft and fragile when they come out of the oven so be sure to let them cool to firm up before handling.
Be sure to use smooth, runny tahini in this recipe.
Storing: Let cool completely before storing. Store in a sealed container at room temperature or in the fridge. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 178
- Sodium: 28 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: sesame cookies, vegan tahini cookies