- Mix the ground flaxseed and warm water together in a small bowl and let sit for 3-4 minutes.
- Thoroughly mix the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the water and flax mixture and gently fold together until “just mixed.” Let the batter sit for 5 minutes. While it sits, heat a pan over medium.
- Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray then scoop the batter into the pan to create your desired size of pancakes. I usually make 5-6 small pancakes but you could go for 3-4 large ones.
- Let them cook until the edges are browning and they look almost cooked through.
- Flip and cook for another minute or two.
- Serve right away with your favourite pancake toppings.
- This recipes makes 4-5 medium-sized pancakes or 1 serving. I haven’t tried doubling or tripling it.
- I haven’t tried this recipe with any other sweetener but you should be able to use maple syrup, coconut sugar or another sweetener of choice.
- You can make these without the flax but I find the flax makes them just a bit sturdier.
- You can reduce the baking powder to 1-2 and use a bit more water for a thinner, crepe-like pancake.
- Serving Size: 1 batch
- Calories: 227
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 11 g