- boiling water, enough to cover dates
- 1 1/4 cup packed (290 g), finely chopped pitted dates
- 2 cups (250 g) Spelt Flour
- 2/3 cup (135 g) Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp baking soda (yes, 1 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp psyllium husk powder + 3 tbsp hot water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) non-dairy milk + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup melted (45 g) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (125 g) pure pumpkin puree
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Place the chopped dates in a bowl, pour boiling water over them and set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Mix the psyllium and water in a small dish and set aside for at least 3 minutes.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking soda and sea salt together in a bowl.
- Mix the milk and apple cider vinegar together in a small bowl.
- Add the milk and apple cider vinegar mixture, psyllium egg, melted coconut oil and pumpkin to the dry ingredients.
- Drain the dates and add those too.
- Fold together gently, do not over mix.
- Scoop the batter into a lightly oiled loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- Let sit in the pan for about 5 minutes.
- Flip out of pan and let cool completely before slicing.
- Store in the fridge, freezer or at room temperature.
For best results, use a kitchen scale to weigh ingredients according to recipe.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 200 calories
Keywords: pumpkin bread, gluten-free, date bread