This creamy vegan potato and leek soup is full of flavour and easy to make in 30 minutes. Enjoy this vibrant soup year-round for a healthy, comforting meal or side.
- 2 tbsp olive oil (25 g)
- 3 stalks celery, diced (approx. 1.25 cup, 200 g)
- 1 large leek, dark green ends and roots removed, washed and chopped (approx. 2 cups, 200 g)
- 5 medium Yukon gold potato, peeled and diced (750 g)
- 2 garlic cloves (10 g)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped (5 g)
- 1 14 oz can full-fat coconut milk (400 g)
- 3 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp salt (10 g)
- ⅛ tsp chili flakes
- Add olive oil, celery and leeks to a medium pot and saute over medium heat fora approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, thyme and garlic and cook for another few minutes until fragrant.
- Add water, coconut milk, bay leaves, salt and chilli flakes and bring to a simmer. Allow soup to simmer for 20 – 25 min until potatoes are tender and can be pierced with a fork.
- Remove bay leaf and carefully transfer soup to a blender. Blend soup until smooth and velvety. Be sure to allow steam to escape as you’re blending.
- Serve immediately.
- Storing: Let cool then store in an airtight container for 5-6 days in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat stovetop or in the microwave until heated to your preference. If it’s too thick for your preference after storing, by stirring in a little water or broth.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 266
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: potato leek soup, vegan potato leek soup