This vegan peaches and cream oatmeal is ready in minutes on the stovetop and makes a filling, healthy and delicious twist on the classic flavour.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (50 g)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (7 g)
- 1/2 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder (15 g)
- 1 cup frozen or fresh sliced peaches (140 g)
- 1 cup water (250 mL, half water and half plant-based milk also works for extra creaminess!)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, optional
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, optional
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, optional
- 1/4 cup light or full-fat coconut milk, for serving
- 1–2 tbsp almond butter, optional for serving
- Add the oats, peaches, ground flaxseed, protein powder, sea salt, water and vanilla to a small pot and cook over low t0 medium heat until thick and creamy, stirring often to prevent burning. Add 1-2 tbsp more water or plant-based milk if needed to adjust thickness as it cooks.
- Once the oats are cooked, scoop them into a bowl, top with the coconut milk and almond butter, and enjoy!
Nutrition facts are using light coconut milk.
If using fresh peaches, stir them in with 1-2 minutes of cooking left to prevent them from getting mushy.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or stovetop, stirring in plant-based milk or water to thin if needed.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 435
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 57 g
- Fiber: 14 g
- Protein: 26 g
Keywords: peaches and cream oatmeal