- 1/4 cup nut butter of choice or sunflower seed butter for a nut-free recipe (60 g)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (120 g)
- 1/2 cup dry sweetener such as coconut sugar, raw cane sugar or monk fruit sweetener
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (120 g)
- 1 cup rolled oats (100 g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup each dairy-free chocolate chips and raisins (or 1/2 cup of either)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir the nut butter, applesauce and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add everything except the chocolate chips and raisins and stir to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and raisins.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, give it a quick spritz of non-stick cooking spray or just use a good quality non-stick pan.
- Using your hands, create 12 evenly-sized balls from the cookie dough and place on the tray. Press each ball down into a cookie shape. They won’t spread much if at all when baking.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Let cool completely on the rack.
- Store in a sealed container at room temperate for up to 4 days, in the fridge for up to 7 days or freeze for up to 3 months. They’re best stored in the fridge.
Keywords: oil-free, plant-based, dairy-free, easy, one bowl