- Place the dates in a large bowl and cover in hot water. Soak for 20 minutes then drain well.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Measure out 1 cup of rolled oats then process them in a blender to form fine oat flour.
- Add the oat flour and everything except the chocolate chips to a food processor and process into a thick batter.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to combine.
- Spray a loaf pan with a bit of non-stick cooking spray, or line with parchment paper, then scoop the batter into the pan and spread with a spatula until smooth. The batter will quite thick.
- Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top, if desired.
- Bake the brownies for 24 minutes then remove from the oven and let sit in the pan for 15 minutes before carefully slicing and lifting from the pan.
- Store in the fridge for up to 7 days or freezer for up to 2 months.
If you’d like the brownies to have a little bit of lift to them, add 1/2 tsp baking soda. I tested these every which way and they work fine with and without baking soda.
These are not super sweet brownies as they have no added sugar except for the chocolate chips. I don’t recommend leaving the chocolate chips out as they add a nice sweetness and decadence to the recipe. Feel free to increase them to 1/2 cup if you want!
Keywords: oat flour brownies, flourless brownies, tahini brownies