- Place the dates in a large bowl and pour just boiled water over them. Let them sit for 20 minutes then drain.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Measure out 1 cup of rolled oats then process them in a blender to form fine oat flour.
- Add the oat flour and everything except the chocolate chips to a food processor and process into a thick batter.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to combine.
- Spray a loaf pan with a bit of non-stick cooking spray, or line with parchment paper, then scoop the batter into the pan and spread with a spatula until smooth. The batter will quite thick.
- Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top, if desired.
- Bake the brownies for 24 minutes then remove from the oven and let sit in the pan for 15 minutes before carefully slicing and lifting from the pan.
- Store in the fridge for up to 7 days or freezer for up to 2 months.
If you’d like the brownies to have a little bit of lift to them, add 1/2 tsp baking soda. I tested these every which way and they work fine with and without baking soda.
Keywords: flourless brownies, date brownies, oil-free, egg-free, dairy-free