Fun and pretty, matcha green tea cookies that are easy to whip up with 8 ingredients for a simple but yummy sweet treat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C) degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the almond flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt and matcha powder to a bowl and mix until well combined. Use a whisk or fork to break up any clumps of flour or matcha and make sure everything is well incorporated.
- Add in the oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix well until you get a moldable dough.
- Use a small cookie scoop to create 12 cookies on the baking tray. Flatten each cookie with your hands.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes then let cool on the pan for 20-30 minutes to firm.
Cornstarch can be substituted with tapioca flour/starch or arrowroot starch.
Let cookies cool completely before storing. Store in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 5 days, in the fridge for 1 week or freeze for up to 4 months. They’ll get softer the longer they’re stored but they’re still yummy!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 78 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: matcha cookies, vegan matcha cookies