- 1 1/2 crowns of cauliflower (1300 g), chopped into pieces
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, mince 4 and set 4 aside
- 1/2 a red onion (135 g), diced
- 227 g (8 oz) white mushrooms, sliced
- approximately 4 handfuls of kale (165 g), or 1 large bunch de-stemmed
- 3 tbsp vegetable stock or non-dairy milk (optional, if needed)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/2–1 tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- Place the chopped cauliflower in a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook until fork tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Drain the cooked caulilfower and add to a food processor with the nutritional yeast, 4 whole cloves garlic and salt. Process until smooth and creamy. Add 1-3 tbsp vegetable broth or dairy-free milk if needed to get it blending. Further season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic, mushrooms and onion and saute until everything starts to soften, about 6 minutes.
- Add the kale to the pan, mix and cook until wilted. This only takes a couple minutes.
- Add the blended cauliflower to the skillet with the kale and mushrooms and stir to combine. Serve right away topped with fresh chopped parsley and chives.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
The nutritional yeast adds a cheezy, nutty flavour and some added nutrition but it’s totally optional. I also added 1 tsp of red pepper flakes for a little spice. Yummy!
Keywords: gluten-free, low-carb, healthy, thanksgiving, keto, paleo, low-fat