- 1 1/2 crowns of cauliflower (1300 g), chopped into pieces
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, mince 4 and set 4 aside
- 1/2 a red onion (135 g), diced
- 227 g (8 oz) white mushrooms, sliced
- approximately 4 handfuls of kale (165 g), or 1 large bunch de-stemmed
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 3 tbsp vegetable stock or non-dairy milk
- 1/2–1 tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- Place the chopped cauliflower in a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook until fork tender.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, mushrooms and onion and saute until everything starts to soften.
- Add the kale to the pan and cook until soft.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, strain then place in a food processor with the nutritional yeast, 4 cloves garlic, salt and either vegetable stock or non-dairy milk. Process until smooth and creamy. Add pepper to taste.
- Mix with the kale and mushrooms and serve topped with fresh parsley and chives.
- Serves 4 as an entree, or 6-8 as a side.
I made this with my Ninja Mega Kitchen System. Love this thing! Buy one here.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 148
- Fat: 2.7
- Carbohydrates: 25.8
- Fiber: 9.4
- Protein: 11.8