For the Salad
- 6 cups de-stemmed and finely chopped kale (approx. 1.5 cups per salad)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 cups chopped broccoli (approx. 1.5 cups per salad)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup dry French, green or black lentils (approx. 1/2 cup cooked per serving)
For the Tahini Dressing
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add the lentils to a medium-sized saucepan with 2.25 cups water. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a light simmer. Cook for 20-25 minutes until tender. Drain off any excess water if needed.
- Place the chopped broccoli on a roasting pan and drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil or avocado oil. Sprinkle with sea salt. Use your hands to mix, making sure each piece is coated. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until tender and starting to brown.
- Place the chopped kale in a bowl and add the other 1 tbsp of olive oil or avocado oil. Use your hands to massage for a few minutes until it’s wilted, dark green and soft.
- To make the tahini sauce, add all the ingredients to a bowl or container and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- To assemble the salad, divide the ingredients between 4 bowls or containers, top with the tahini sauce, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper and serve right away or store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: lentil kale salad, healthy, simple, easy, plant-based