- 1 tbsp olive oil (15 g, use water or broth for an oil-free soup)
- 1 medium onion, diced (225 g)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (20 g)
- 2 cup button mushrooms, roughly chopped (225 g)
- 2 small zucchini, diced (325 g)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste (20 g)
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 28oz can crushed tomato
- 5 cup vegetable stock (1000 ml)
- 8 lasagna noodles broken into 1’ strips
- fresh cracked pepper
- 6 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup tofu ricotta or vegan ricotta of choice, optional
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil and sauté onion and garlic until translucent, roughly 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and zucchini and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Once mushrooms and zucchini are cooked add tomato paste, dried herbs and salt and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add them crushed tomatoes and vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
- After 10 minutes of simmering, add lasagna noodles and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Check noodles to ensure they are cooked and serve immediately. If you are planning to make this ahead of time, cook the noodles separately and add them when you are ready to eat. The noodles will continue to absorb liquid once cooked.
- Top each bowl of soup with fresh cracked black pepper, torn basil and tofu ricotta.
If you are planning to make this ahead of time, cook the noodles separately and add them when you are ready to eat. The noodles will continue to absorb liquid once cooked.
If you have a vegan parmesan or mozarella you like, those also work well for toppings.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 191
- Sodium: 800 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 6 g
Keywords: vegan lasagna soup, healthy lasagna soup