These perfect little, raw and vegan truffles aren’t too sweet. They have a beautiful, nutty flavour and the texture is melt-in-your-mouth smooth with a little bit of crunch from the hazelnuts.
- 1 cup hazelnuts (150 g)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao or cocoa powder (60 g)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut (25 g)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup very tightly packed, soft, fresh pitted dates (really smush them in there!) (125 g)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (15 ml)
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil (15 g)
- crushed hazelnuts or coconut for rolling, optional
- Place the hazelnuts in a high-speed blender or food processor and pulse a few times until they’re mostly broken down.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until it forms a dough you can press between your fingers.
- Press the dough into 12 balls.
- Roll in coconut or crushed hazelnuts, if desired.
- Place in freezer for at least 60 minutes to firm.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 10 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 147
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: hazelnut truffles, chocolate hazelnut truffles