These vegan fajitas are perfect for a quick and tasty home-cooked meal any night of the week. Marinate and cook up the veggies then serve hot with all your favourite fajita toppings like sour cream and salsa.
- 2 tbsp olive oil (30 mL)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder or minced fresh garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, thickly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thickly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thickly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thickly sliced
- 2 cups chopped baby portobello mushrooms (300 g)
- 8 tortillas (corn for GF version)
- diced avocado
- fresh cilantro
- sliced green onions
- vegan sour cream
- Firstly, prepare the marinade by combining all ingredients together until fully mixed.
- Slice the peppers, onion and mushrooms into thick slices. Place all the vegetable
slices into a large bowl. Add the marinade and coat everything evenly. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare your favourite toppings for serving.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the marinated vegetables and cook, until just tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Assemble your fajitas by putting the cooked vegetable filling at the bottom of each tortilla. Top with chopped avocado, sour cream, salsa, fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
Nutrition facts include 1/4 of the vegetable mixture and 2 corn tortillas per serving.
Storing: The cooked veggies can be stored in a container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat as needed on the stovetop or in the microwave. Not suitable for freezing.
- Serving Size: 2 fajitas
- Calories: 343
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 19 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 60 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 9 g
Keywords: vegan fajitas, veggie fajitas