- 1 x 19 oz. white kidney beans, drained and well-rinsed (just shy of 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, almond butter or sunflower seed butter (120 g)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or cashew milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (30 g)
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar (60 g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the white beans, milk and nut butter to a food processor and mix into a smooth paste.
- Add the sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder and mix until smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to combine.
- Prepare a baking tray with a bit of non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper. Drop heaping tablespoons-full of the batter onto the baking tray to form 12 cookies. The batter will seem quite wet but that’s normal. Spread each out around slightly as they won’t spread during baking.
- Bake for 17 minutes, remove and let cool on the pan completely before handling. They will seem under done when you take them out but will firm as they cool.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 11 g
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: white bean cookies, chocolate protein cookies