Vegan Double Chocolate Protein Cookies
I know these don’t look the best in the photos but trust me on this one…these. are. so. good. Like, melt in your mouth, extra double chocolately good. They went way, way, way to fast at my house. I should probably hold off on a second batch but I don’t know if I can resist. The weekend is here and there may be more double chocolate protein cookies in my very near future.
They’re smooth, decadent and high in protein and fibre thanks to….you’ll never guess it….beans! Yes, beans in cookies. It’s true!
Just look at that ingredient list, it’s so simple! I hope you enjoy these decadent but healthy little treats! They’re a perfect after dinner fix or mid-day snack, just try not to eat them all in one weekend like we did. Enjoy!Print
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place all ingredients except chocolate chips in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
- Place in a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and press each cookie down slightly with your fingers.
- Bake for 17 minutes, remove and let cool on the pan before handling. They will seem under done when you take them out, let them cool completely and they’ll firm right up.
- Store in the fridge.
I didn’t take much care to press these into beautiful, consistently round little cookies. If you’d prefer a more uniform cookie, roll them into balls and press down with a fork before baking.
Recipe adapted from POWER HUNGRY: The Ultimate Energy Bar Cookbook.