- 2 lbs baby red or yellow potatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard, any variety
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 3 tbsp minced shallot (approx. 1 small shallot)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse and scrub the potatoes then slice in half and place in a large saucepan. Fill the pot with enough water water to cover the potatoes. Add a 1/2 tsp of salt to the water.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat slightly and cover. Cook for 10-15 minutes, depending on size. They’re ready when you can easily pierce with a fork for knife.
- Once cooked, reserve a few tablespoons of the cooking water then drain the potatoes, rinse with cool then and add them to a mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, season with salt and pepper and mix until thoroughly combined. If desired, add 1-2 tbsp of the reserved potato cooking liquid for extra creaminess.
- This salad is best served right away or within a few hours but can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This recipe makes 4 generous servings so could serve 6-8 as a small side dish.
Keywords: vegan potato salad, healthy, low-fat, no mayo, easy, warm