- 2 small or 1 large white onion, diced (300 g, approx. 2 cups)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped (175 g, approx. 1 cup)
- 2 ribs celery, chopped (75 g, approx. 1 cup)
- 6 cups chopped broccoli (450 g)
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots and celery to a pot with a few tablespoons of the vegetable stock and cook until they start to soften and become fragrant, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, stock and non-dairy milk and simmer over medium heat until all the veggies are soft and tender, about 20 minutes.
- Carefully pour the soup into a blender and process until smooth, or use an immersion blender in the pot. If you prefer it a little chunky, leave a few scoops of veggies behind in the pot the pour the blended soup back in to the pot and mix.
- Season with salt and pepper, as needed and serve with a drizzle of cashew cream.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for up to 5 months.
Keywords: easy broccoli soup, healthy broccoli soup, quick broccoli soup
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 56
- Sugar: 5.6 g
- Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 3.4 g