- 2 small or 1 large white onion, diced (300 g, approx. 2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (20 g)
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped (175 g, approx. 1 cup)
- 2 ribs celery, chopped (75 g, approx. 1 cup)
- 6 cups chopped broccoli (450 g)
- 3 cups vegetable stock (750 mL)
- 1 cup dairy-free milk (250 mL)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute the veggies. Add the onion, garlic, carrots and celery to a pot with a few tablespoons of the vegetable stock and cook until they start to soften and become fragrant, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add ingredients and simmer. Add the broccoli, stock and non-dairy milk and simmer over medium heat until all the veggies are soft and tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Blend soup. Carefully pour the soup into a blender and process until smooth, or use an immersion blender in the pot. If you prefer a chunky soup, leave a few scoops of veggies behind in the pot then pour the blended soup back in to the pot and mix together.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Serve right away.
Soup can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat as needed on the stovetop or in the microwave.
For a creamier soup, add 1/2 cup raw cashews when you add the broccoli. Just make sure you have a good blender that can get it nice and smooth. If not, you can soak the cashews overnight then blend with 3/4 cup water to create a cashew cream, then use that instead of the dairy-free milk.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 56
- Sugar: 5.6 g
- Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
Keywords: easy broccoli soup, healthy broccoli soup, quick broccoli soup