- 2 large spotty bananas (300 g, 2 large or 3 small, spotty is perfect!)
- 1 cup (120 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 scoop (30 g) chocolate vegan protein powder (or vanilla)
- 1/4 cup (30 g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (60 g, plus more for topping, if desired)
- 1/4 tsp salt, optional
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with a strip of parchment paper.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend into a thick batter.
- Add the batter to the prepared loaf pan and spread flat using a spatula. If desired, evenly sprinkle 2-3 tbsp chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate over top.
- Bake for 15 minutes then let cool in the pan for 10-20 minutes.
- Lift out of the pan using the parchment paper and cut into 8 squares. Best after chilled in the fridge.
Banana: Slightly over ripe, spotty bananas work best in this recipe (not totally mushy and brown, just a little more ripe than you’d enjoy for a snack). If you don’t have over ripe banana, that’s ok. Just ripe banana works too, the brownies just won’t be as sweet.
Measuring: I recommend using a digital food scale to measure your ingredients. Volume measurements can vary greatly, so for best results, use a scale for accuracy.
Parchment Paper: If you don’t have parchment paper, use a light coating of non-stick cooking spray. If you have a good non-stick pan, you may not need either.
Sweetening: The sweetness of the brownies will depend on the ripeness of the banana and the protein powder used. After blending the batter, taste and consider adding additional sweetener to your preference. You can use powdered stevia, liquid stevia or monk fruit sweetener to taste for sugar-free brownies, or 1-3 tbsp coconut sugar, cane sugar or maple syrup.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 202
- Fat: 13
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 5
Keywords: coconut protein brownies, 5 ingredient brownies