For the Queso Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (21 g)
- 2 heaping tbsp tomato sauce (40 g)
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
For the Chili
- 1 19 oz. can mixed beans
- 1 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 a jalapeno, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 large grated carrot, grated (approx. 1/2 heaping cup),
- 1 tsp each sea salt and black pepper
For the Fries
- potato of choice such as golden or russet (approx. 1 medium or 1/2 a large potato per person)
- sea salt and pepper
- optional: paprika and chili powder
- Pre-heat the oven and prep the fries. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Slice the potaotes into wedge fries and toss with sea salt and pepper. Add a pinch of paprika and chili powder, if desired. Line the fries on a baking tray (use parchment paper, a silicone mat or non-stick cooking spray) and bake for 25 minutes, flip and bake 15-20 minutes more until browned and crispy.
- Make the queso. Add all queso ingredients to a high-speed blender and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Make the chili. To make the chili add all the ingredients to a medium-sized pot and little simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring every so often until it’s well-mixed and the carrot is tender.
- Make the chili cheese fries. Once the fries are ready, load them onto a plate. Top with chili and cheese sauce and dig in!
Keywords: chili, potato, queso