This crunchy chickpea veggie salad is loaded with nutrition thanks to broccoli, zucchini, kale, red pepper, red onion and almonds. Bonus: you only need 20 minutes to make this simple but delicious meal!
For the Salad
- 28 oz can or 2 14 oz can chickpeas, drained and well-rinsed (approx. 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped (75 g)
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds (40 g)
- 3 cups chopped broccoli (225 g)
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced red onion (150 g)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (1 heaping cup, 175 g)
- 5 cups chopped kale, stems removed (150 g)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
For the Lemon Tahini Dressing
- De-stem the kale, cut into bite-sized pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to massage the kale with the lemon and olive oil for 1-2 minutes to soften.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and chop all the veggies and the almonds.
- To make the lemon tahini sauce, whisk all the ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Add a little water to adjust the consistency, if needed.
- Add everything to the bowl with the kale and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge up to 4 days in a sealed container. If storing, store the dressing separately until before serving to help keep the salad fresher.
This makes 5 large meal-sized servings. Could serve 6-8 as a side.
Keywords: chickpea veggie salad, healthy chickpea salad