For the Salad
- 3 cups chickpeas, drained and well-rinsed (500 grams, approx. 2 19 oz cans)
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped (75 grams)
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds (40 grams)
- 3 cups chopped broccoli (225 grams, lightly steam first, if desired)
- 2 cups chopped zucchini, chopped (1 medium, 300 grams)
- 1/2 a red onion, diced (1 cup, 150 grams)
- 1 red pepper, diced (1 heaping cup, 175 grams)
- 5 cups lightly packed, de-stemmed and chopped kale (150 grams)
- olive oil and lemon for massaging the kale
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
For the Lemon Tahini Dressing
- De-stem the kale, cut into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl. Massage the kale with a tiny bit of olive oil (optional, can be oil-free) and lemon juice to soften it. Set aside for 5-10 minutes. Alternatively, you can very lightly steam it before adding to the salad.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and chop all the veggies and the almonds.
- To make the lemon tahini sauce, whisk all the ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Add a little water to adjust the consistency, if needed.
- Add everything to the bowl with the kale and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge up to 4 days in a sealed container. If storing, you may want to keep the dressing separately until serving so the salad stays fresher.
This makes 5 large meal-sized servings. Could serve 6-8 as a side.
Keywords: healthy, easy, raw