- 1 cup peeled and chopped carrot (130 g, about 2 large carrots)
- 1 cup chopped celery (130 g, about 3 medium ribs)
- 1 heaping cup diced white onion (175 g, 1/2 a large or one small onion)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa (80 g)
- 1 28 oz. can no-salt added diced tomatoes, with the juice
- 1 19 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or 2 cups cooked, 330 g)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk (or full-fat for a thicker, creamier stew)
- 1/2 cup packed, fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the carrot, celery, onion, garlic and ginger to a soup pot with a bit of the vegetable broth and cook for 5-10 minutes until starting to soften.
- Stir in the spices and cook for another minute.
- Add the broth, quinoa and diced tomatoes and lightly simmer for 15 minutes until the quinoa is cooked.
- Stir in the chickpeas, coconut milk and cilantro, turn off the heat and let it sit another 5-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve right away or store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
Keywords: Fall, easy, healthy, low-fat, high-protein, simple, quick, family, freezer
- Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
- Calories: 197
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Protein: 9 g