- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced white onion, diced (1 medium, 330 g)
- 1.5 cups peeled chopped carrot (2 medium, 180 g)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (1 heaping cup, 150 g)
- 1 tsp each dried oregano, dried basil and dried parsley
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 5.5 oz can tomato paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans, 330 g)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onion and carrot and sauté in a splash of vegetable broth or water. You can use 1-2 tsp of olive oil for sautéing if you prefer. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the red bell pepper and cook another minute or two.
- Add all the spices and stir to combine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer lightly for about 15 minutes until it starts to reduce and thicken. Stir every couple minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve right away or store in the fridge for up to 5 days in a sealed container.
Serves 4 as a main dish or 6-8 as a side.
Keywords: healthy, easy