This vegan chickpea cacciatore makes an easy, inexpensive and delicous, high-protein vegan meal. It can be made in less than 30 minutes, you can make it ahead of time and it tastes great the next day!
Vegan Chickpea Cacciatore
I’m not sharing much about this recipe aside from it’s healthy, easy, delicious, can be made ahead of time with everyday pantry ingredients and you should probably just take my word for it and make it.
The ingredient list seems kinda long but it’s mostly just spices and flavouring and a few veggies, so don’t be intimidated! It’s really easy to make.
PS. Love you guys.Print
This chickpea cacciatore makes a quick, easy and inexpensive vegan meal. It’s filling and satisfying, makes 6 servings and tastes amazing next day!
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 5.5 oz can tomato paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2.5 cups cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onion and carrot and sauté in a splash of vegetable broth or water. You can use 1-2 tsp of olive oil for sautéing if you prefer. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the red bell pepper and cook another minute or two.
- Add all the spices, the vinegar, soy sauce and maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Add the tomato sauce and paste and let simmer lightly for about 15 minutes until it starts to reduce and thicken.
- Stir in the chickpeas and simmer for another 10-15 minutes until everything is cooked through and the sauce is quite thick.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste then serve!