- Finely chop the pistachios and dried cranberries and add the Sprouted O’s to a mixing bowl. Add about half of the chopped pistachios and cranberries to the bowl with the cereal, set the rest aside.
- Prepare a 7×7 inch baking pan with a spritz of non-stick cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Add the peanut butter, brown rice syrup and salt to a small saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat until it’s smooth and creamy. It should be hot but not quite boiling. Be careful not to burn it. This should only take a few minutes.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the bowl with the cereal and stir until all the cereal is coated.
- Dump the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Use the back of a wooden spoon to firmly press the mixture into the pan until flat and evenly distributed. It will be very sticky!
- Sprinkle the rest of the cranberries and pistachios on top, firmly pressing them in with your hands.
- Place the pan in the fridge while you prepare the melted chocolate. Melt the dairy-free chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate stove top using a double boiler or in the microwave in 15 second increments until completely melted.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cereal bars then place the whole pan in the freezer to set. Freeze for an hour then cut and enjoy! Store in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 2 months.
Keywords: vegan cereal bars, christmas rice krispies