- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the bread cubes in a 8×6 inch rectangle or 8-inch square baking dish.
- Add the plant based milk, coconut sugar, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, raisins, cinnamon and vanilla to a bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the milk mixture over the bread and stir gently to combine.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes, until the liquid has set and the pudding is golden brown and somewhat firm.
- You can serve the pudding right away or let it cool for 30-60 minutes for a firmer pudding. Bread pudding is wonderful served with whipped cream, ice cream, cashew icing or sugar glaze.
The bread pudding can be prepared the night before baking but I wouldn’t recommend making it further in advance as it will get soggy. If prepping in advance, cover and store in the fridge until you’re ready to bake.
Instead of prepping it advance, I’d recommend baking it the day before and reheating when you’re ready to serve. The bread pudding will keep in the fridge, covered, for up to 5 days and can be enjoyed cold or reheated in the oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes until heated through. It can also be frozen for 3-4 months and reheated in the oven for 20-30 minutes until heated through.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 320
- Sodium: 371 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 65 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: vegan bread pudding, simple bread pudding