These delicious, healthy blueberry lemon muffins have the most amazing texture and flavour they’re sure to be a hit! Serve warm topped with chia seed jam, vegan butter, apple butter or coconut butter. Perfect for a healthy snack or dessert!
- 1 medium (115 g) ripe banana
- 1/4 cup (60 g) almond butter
- 2/3 cup (100 g) coconut sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups (300 g) whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup (130 g) fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the banana to a large mixing bowl and mash into a paste using a fork or immersion blender.
- Add the almond butter and coconut sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and milk and stir to combine.
- Add the whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. While the dry ingredients are sitting on top of the wet, gently mix to help distribute the baking powder, then start folding the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Gently mix until no dry bits remain, then stop mixing. Do not over mix.
- Add the blueberries and gently fold in, just a few stirs should do it.
- Give a muffin tin a lightly spritz of non-stick cooking spray and then evenly distribute the batter between 12 cups. Sprinkle each with a few walnuts and a little coconut sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 26 minutes.
- Remove from the oven then let the muffins sit in the tin for a few minutes before carefully lifting out and placing on a cooling rack.
- Once they’re completely cool, store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
To Freeze these Muffins: Store in an airtight container or bag in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 178
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 121 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: vegan blueberry muffins, healthy vegan blueberry muffins