For the Blackberry Filling:
- 4 cups fresh blackberries (300 g)
- 1.5 tbsp cornstarch (15 g)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (15 g)
- 1 tsp vanilla, optional (5 mL)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (30 mL)
For the Crumble Topping:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl mix together blueberries, cornstarch, maple syrup, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice. Pour the filling into a 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- In a separate bowl use a fork to mix together the oats, flour, salt, maple syrup and coconut oil to form a crumbly topping.
- Evenly distribute the crumble topping over the blackberries and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the topping is golden brown.
If using frozen berries, double the amount of cornstarch in the filling.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 257
- Sodium: 3 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 37 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: blackberry crumble, vegan blackberry crumble