- 1 block of extra-firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I used store-bought, if you prefer homemade, try my vegan BBQ sauce recipe)
- 2 cups pineapple tidbits or chunks (or approx. 1/2 cup per bowl)
- 4 cups chopped broccoli (or approx. 1 cup per bowl)
- 2 red onions, sliced into large chunks (or approx. 1/2 an onion per bowl)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (or approx. 1/2 cup per bowl)
- If you need to cook some brown rice, get that started now.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 F.
- To make the tofu, cube it and add to a bowl with the BBQ sauce. I marinated it for a couple hours but this is optional if you’re short on time, to marinate, prep the tofu first then place in the fridge for a couple hours before proceeding with the rest of the recipe. When you’re ready, add the tofu and BBQ sauce to a baking tray.
- Peel and slice the red onion into chunks and place on a baking tray. Add 1/2 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and toss well to combine. The oil is optional, you can roast them without oil if you prefer.
- Place the tofu and red onion in the oven and roast for approximately 30 minutes until onion is starting to blacken.
- While the onion and tofu are roasting, steam some broccoli and prepare some pineapple. I used canned pineapple tidbits but fresh pineapple is good too.
- Once everything is ready and cooked, add a scoop of each to a bowl, top with a little extra BBQ sauce and enjoy.
Keywords: easy, dinner, lunch, roasted