Indulgent chocolate brownies made healthier by using avocado and almond butter instead of oil or butter. No one will guess they’re made with avocado and completely vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 ripe avocado (about ⅔ cup mashed, 120 g)
- ⅓ cup almond butter (90 g)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (59 mL)
- ½ cup oat flour (55 g)
- ½ cup brown sugar (90 g)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (60 mL)
- ½ cup cocoa powder (35 g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips + more for sprinkling on top (80 g)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (177˚C) and coat an 8×8 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Mix Wet Ingredients: Add the avocado, almond butter, almond milk, brown sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a food processor or high-speed blender and mix until well combined.
- Add Dry Ingredients: Add the oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix again until smooth.
- Add Chocolate Chips: Stir in the chocolate chips using a spatula or spoon.
- Transfer to Pan: Transfer the brownie batter to the prepared 8×8-inch pan. Add a few extra chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake: Bake at 350˚F (177˚F) for 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool & Slice: Let cool completely in the pan before slicing and serving. I recommend putting them in the fridge for at least 1 hour to help them firm up. The longer you let them cool, the better the brownies will stay together. Once cooled, slice into 16 squares and enjoy!
It’s important to measure the ingredients accurately for success. I recommend using a kitchen scale and following the listed measurements.
Substitutions: A different nut or seed butter may be used instead of almond butter. Any plant-based milk could replace the almond milk. Coconut sugar or even granulated sugar could be used in place of the brown sugar.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 158 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: avocado brownies, vegan avocado brownies