This ultra-thick and oh so creamy Vanilla Coconut Cashew Latte Smoothie can be made with a base of frozen banana or frozen sweet potato for a low-sugar option. It’s packed with healthy fats and protein to help prevent a spike in blood sugar and keep you full. This rich, flavourful and seemingly decadent smoothie is ideal for breakfast, dessert (use decaf if needed), a snack or before or after a workout to fuel up or kickstart the recovery process.
- 1 cup brewed coffee (or 3/4 cup brewed coffee and 1/4 cup light coconut milk)
- 1 serving (30 g) vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup (30 g) raw cashews
- 2 tbsp (15 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 small frozen banana or 3-4 frozen sweet potato cubes (100 g of either or a combo of both)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- generous pinch of sea salt
- 3 ice cubes
- optional: pulse in a few of whole coffee beans for a little added crunch!
- optional superfood boosters: 2 tsp of maca or lucuma powder
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Turn on low and slowly increase speed, blend until thick and creamy. For best results, do not over blend. It should be just combined and creamy but if you blend too long, the heat from the blender will affect the creamy, frozen consistency.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.
Keywords: coffee smoothie, coffee protein shake