- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees,
- Slice the zucchinis half lengthwise, remove some of the seeds if possible then use a spoon to scoop out most of the flesh to create shells you’ll be adding the filling too. Set the scooped out flesh aside as you’ll be using it to create the filling.
- Lay the zucchinis cut side up on a baking tray or in a baking dish and brush or rub with the olive oil.
- Bake the zucchini halves for 10 minutes then remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the zucchini is baking, chop up the artichoke hearts and garlic and add to a pan with zucchini flesh you reserved in step 2. Cook the mixture in 1 tsp olive oil, water or vegetable stock over medium-high heat for about 6-7 minutes until softened, fragrant and heated through.
- Mix the cooked mixture with nutritional yeast, breadcrumbs and marinara sauce. You can mix it all up right in the skillet or in bowl.
- Divide the mixture between the 8 zucchini halves. Sprinkle each half with your choice of vegan cheese, if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes then serve right away topped with fresh chopped basil and/or parsley.
Best served fresh but will keep in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 4 days. Enjoy cold or reheat in the oven or microwave until heated to your preference.
- Serving Size: 1/2 a zucchini
- Calories: 93
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 163 mg
- Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 6.2 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: twice baked zucchini, vegan baked zucchini, stuffed zucchini