Pineapple. Banana. Toasted Coconut….all in one delicious and healthy breakfast!?
How does that sound to you? It’s sounds pretty awesome to me! Add in chia seeds and oats and we’ve got ourselves a winner!
So, let’s talk more about this epic flavour combo of Dole Pineapple, Dole Banana, toasted coconut, chia seeds and oats. Tropical, sweet, satisfying, nourishing and since the pineapple is so sweet, you don’t need to add any additional sweetener! Extra win!
Plus, did you know that thanks to an enzyme they contain called bromelain, pineapples can help to reduce inflammation, provide pain relief and even help skin injuries heal faster?
As for bananas, being a good source of vitamin B6 once study has shown that they may help you live longer even if you skimp on sleep. I love my bananas for a pre or mid-workout snack, easily digestible and packed with energy, they’re an ideal source of energy for performance. For more fun ways to add bananas to your diet, check out my 10 Easy Vegan Banana Snacks and Desserts.
To fuel up for active days, enjoy these simple and flavourful tropical chia seed oats for breakfast or as a quick snack during the day. Enjoy!Print
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple (or canned pineapple chunks)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 sliced banana
- 1-2 tbsp of toasted coconut
- Add the oats, pineapple, chia seeds, almond milk and vanilla to a container and stir or shake vigorously to combine.
- Place in the fridge overnight or at least for a few hours.
- When you’re ready to eat, top with the toasted coconut and sliced banana.
To make toasted coconut, spread unsweetened shredded coconut or coconut flakes on a baking sheet and toast at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes until golden brown. Keep an eye on them, once they brown they’ll burn quickly!
If you’d like to make this higher in protein for a more balanced meal, mix in 1/2-1 scoop of your favourite vegan vanilla protein powder.