For The Coconut Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (75 g) natural peanut butter
- 2.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 tsp pure maple syrup
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the Tofu Kale Salad
- 1 package firm or extra-firm tofu
- raw kale (a few big handfuls per person/serving)
- red pepper (use about 1/2 per person/serving)
- steamed broccoli (a handful per person/serving)
- finely grated carrot (half a carrot per person/serving)
- chopped green onion
- fresh cilantro, for topping
- peanuts, cashews or almonds, for topping
To make the Crispy Garlic Tofu
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Cut the tofu into cubes, triangles or slabs and add to the pan.
- Generously sprinkle with garlic powder and then add a pinch of sea salt.
- “Dry-fry” for about 10 minutes, shaking the pan often, until the tofu is browned and crisped.
To make the Coconut Peanut Sauce
- Add all ingredients to a blender of food processor, or use an immersion blender in a container, and mix until smooth and creamy.
To Make the Tofu Kale Salad
- Tear the kale leaves from the stems and tear into bite-size pieces. Place in a bowl. Optional: massage the kale with a tiny drizzle of olive oil and a spirtz of fresh lime juice to help soften it up.
- Top the kale with steamed broccoli, grated carrot, julienned red pepper and green onion.
- Once the tofu is ready, add 1/4 of it to each serving of salad.
- Top the salad with a generous amount of the coconut peanut sauce
- Finish with fresh cilantro and a small handful of peanuts, cashews or almonds.
- The peanut dressing recipe makes enough sauce for about 3-4 salads. Store any extra in the fridge in a container for later use.
- Adjust the amount of salad ingredients needed for however many people you’re serving.
- One package of tofu contains 4 servings.