The quick cookie crumble is your vanilla wafers, the non-dairy yogurt fills in for cream cheese and of course, you can’t forget the coffee in anything inspired by tiramisu. Frozen banana, vegan vanilla protein powder and cauliflower adds volume and nutrition and it’s all blended up and topped off with a quick vanilla cookie crumble.
- 1/2 cup chilled coffee or cold brew (125 mL)
- additional 1/2 cup coffee or 1/2 cup dairy-free milk (125 mL)
- 1 frozen banana (120 g)
- 3/4 cup non-dairy yogurt (175 g), plain or vanilla
- 3/4 cup (90 g) steamed then frozen cauliflower pieces
- 1 tbsp (8 g) cacao powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 serving (30 g) vegan vanilla protein powder
- Add the coffee (and milk if using) to a high-speed blender then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Start blending on low then slowly increase speed, blending briefly on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.
Cookie Topping: 2 tbsp walnuts, pecans or almonds, 2 tbsp oats, 3 small dates, pinch of sea salt. Finely chop or pulse in a blender to combine. Sprinkle over your smoothie.
Cauliflower: If you digest cauliflower well, you can use raw cauliflower. I still like to freeze it to keep my smoothies cold and creamy but you can also use fresh. If you have frozen cauliflower rice on hand, that would also work. If you’re sensitive to digesting cruciferous vegetables, steam the cauliflower then let cool before freezing. I like to do this in batches so I always have some on hand for smoothies.
Keywords: tiramisu smoothie, vanilla coffee smoothie