Swiss Chard Salad with Creamy Cashew Dressing
This swiss chard salad is loaded with healthy superfood ingredients like kale, radish, peppers, lemon, basil and goji berries.
Superfood Swiss Chard Salad
This big, superfood swiss chard salad is fully loaded with all the goods. Let’s see, red kale…check! swiss chard….check! goji berries….check! hemp seeds….check!!! Delicious right?! I added my salad to a bed of butter lettuce and topped with some extra hemp seeds but it’s just perfect as is too!
- 1 bunch of red kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 bunch swiss chard, de-stemmed and chopped
- sea salt
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 bell peppers, diced
Creamy Cashew Dressing
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup + 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp basil, light packed or 1 tbsp very tightly packed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- Place the kale and swiss chard in a large bowl with the lemon, olive oil and sea salt. Massage well so all the leaves are coated. Set aside.
- Make the Creamy Cashew Dressing by blending the dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Let the dressing sit while you chop up the rest of the veggies.
- Add all the veggies to the kale and chard, pour the dressing over and mix well.