- 1 small or half a medium-sized white onion, approx. 1.5 cups.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp green curry paste (can also be made with red curry paste)
- 2 cups peeled and cubed sweet potato
- 1 14 oz can light coconut milk (use full-fat if desired)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- half a 225 g package firm or extra-firm tofu, cubed
- rice of choice or quinoa, for serving
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger to a large pan with 2 tbsp water and start cooking over medium heat. Cook while stirring for 4-6 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add the curry paste and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato, coconut milk and soy sauce and simmer lightly until the sweet potato is tender, approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Stir in the green peas and tofu. Stir to combine, turn off the heat and let sit on the element for 5 minutes to thicken a little.
- Serve over your choice of whole grain or store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 374
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 478 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Fiber: 17 g
- Protein: 19 g
Keywords: sweet potato coconut curry, sweet potato curry