Sweet, sticky and spicy maple sriracha tofu! You will love the flavour of this highly addictive sauce. Easy to make and amazing served over a bowl of your favourite rice.
For the Baked Tofu
- 1 350 g package extra-firm tofu
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
For the Sweet & Spicy Sauce
- Press the tofu using a tofu press or by wrapping the block in a dish towel and placing a heavy object on it. Let it sit for 20-30 minutes. This removes excess moisture for a crisper and more flavourful result.
- When you’re getting ready to proceed, preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Cut the tofu into small cubes and add them to a bowl or plastic bag. Add the cornstarch and soy sauce and toss to coat.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment, use a light coating of non-stick cooking spray. Place the tofu cubes on the pan so each piece has some space around it. They don’t have to be perfectly spaced out, you just want the air to be able to reach all sides.
- Bake the tofu for 20-25 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
- When the tofu has 6-7 minutes left, mix the sauce ingredients together in a dish until all the cornstarch is dissolved and no clumps remain.
- Add to a pan and heat over low to medium heat, stirring frequently. Stir and continue heating until it starts to thicken, this should take 4-6 minutes.
- Once the tofu is ready, add it to the pan and stir to coat.
- Enjoy hot right away as a side dish topped with sesame seeds and thinly sliced green onios, served over rice or added to any bowl, wrap or salad.
This recipe is quite spicy, for me anyways, so if you’re sensitive to spice, it may not be for you. It’s not overpowering. I can’t usually do spicy food and I this was ok for me but it’s definitely got some heat.
Best enjoyed fresh and hot but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Enjoy cold for a snack or in a bowl or salad or reheat in the microwave until heated to your preference. Not suitable for freezing.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 177
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 15 g
Keywords: sweet and sticky tofu, sriracha tofu