For the Spicy Mayo
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 5 tbsp water (plus more to adjust consistency, if desired)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice or rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp sriracha sauce
For the Sushi Bowls
- To make the spicy vegan mayo, blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Assemble the bowls by starting with a scoop of rice and arranging the rest of the ingredients on top.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onion, drizzle with spicy mayo and soy sauce and enjoy.
The spicy mayo makes enough for 4 bowls, adjust the bowl ingredients accordingly. The sauce is quite spicy so if you don’t like spice, you can reduce the amount of sriracha used or try the soy ginger or soy wasabi option (see post for details).
As an alternative to the spicy mayo, you can just add some sriracha to vegan mayonnaise. I don’t usually buy vegan mayo since I’m not a big mayo fan but if you have some on hand, that makes a quick and easy sauce option. Plain soy sauce is just fine too.