- 1 batch spicy cashew mayo
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice (1/2 cup per bowl)
- 2 cups cooked, shelled edamame (1/2 cup per bowl)
- 2 cups peeled and cubed sweet potato (1/2 cup per bowl)
- 1 cup julienned or grated carrot (1/4 cup per bowl)
- 1 cup diced cucumber (1/4 cup per bowl)
- 1 ripe avocado, diced (1/4 per bowl)
- 8 tbsp crumbled nori sheets or roasted seaweed snacks (2 tbsp per bowl)
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds (1 tbsp per bowl)
- finely chopped green onion, for topping, optional
- dash of soy sauce, for topping, optional
- To make the spicy vegan mayo, blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy. See complete instructions and tips for spicy mayo here.
- Peel and cube the sweet potato and boil or steam until fork tender. Cook the rice and edamame according to package instructions.
- Grate or julienne the carrot and dice the cucumber and avocado.
- Assemble the bowls by starting with a scoop of rice and arranging the rest of the ingredients on top.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onion, drizzle with the spicy mayo and soy sauce, if using and enjoy.
Alternative Sauces: As an alternative to the cashew spicy mayo, you can just add some sriracha to vegan mayonnaise for a quick and easy sauce option. Plain soy sauce is just fine too or try a bit of wasabi or wasabi powder mixed into soy sauce.
Measuring: The bowl ingredients are all approximate, there’s no need to be exact!
Storage: If prepping in advance, leave the avocado off until serving and if possible, store the mayo separately. The rice and veggies can be assembled in advanced and stored up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 463
- Fat: 19 g
- Carbohydrates: 63 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 14 g
Keywords: sushi bowl, vegan sushi bowl