- Add the coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl or small saucepan and either melt in the microwave for 30-45 seconds or stovetop for a couple minutes until it’s completely melted with no leftover chunks.
- Gently stir in the cacao powder until you have smooth melted chocolate.
- Stir in 20 drops of stevia, taste and add a few more if desired. Stir in the sea salt, if using or sprinkle sea salt on top once you’ve added the mixture to the ice cube tray.
- Use a tablespoon to evenly divide the mixture between 15 servings. I use this silicone ice cube tray to make these. You can also use silicone cupcake liners or chocolate molds. It should work out to about 1 and 1/3 tbsp per chocolate. I add 1 tbsp to each square then add another 1 tbsp to every 3 squares to get it as even as possible.
- Place the ice cube tray in the freezer for 30 minutes until the chocolates are frozen solid. Pop them out of the tray and store in the freezer in a sealed container for up to 3 months.
I love eating these straight from the freezer and letting them melt in my mouth for the most delicious rich dark chocolate treat. For more of an Icy Square, softer chocolate you can bite into, let them sit at room temperate for 5 minutes before eating.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 85
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.5 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 0.5 g
Keywords: coconut oil chocolate, freezer chocolate, raw vegan chocolate