Sugar-Free Vegan Chocolate Fat Bombs
These easy vegan chocolate fat bombs are sugar-free and call for just 3 ingredients. You’ll need coconut oil, cocoa powder and stevia drops to make them. These rich, dark chocolates melt in your mouth and have the most amazing, silky smooth texture.
How to Make Chocolate Fat Bombs
To make these, you will 3 ingredients:
- Coconut oil. I recommend an unrefined organic coconut oil.
- Cacao powder. I used cacao powder in this recipe but you can also use regular processed cocoa powder. Cacao powder is a rich source of magnesium, iron, calcium, antioxidants and other vitamins and minerals that aren’t found in processed cocoa powder. However, if all you have is cocoa powder, it will work just fine in the recipe. Cacao powder is a little more expensive than cocoa powder so if cost is an issue, go ahead and use cocoa.
- Organic stevia drops. I like liquid stevia drops to make these since it mixes in perfectly for an amazingly smooth texture. You can use powdered stevia, just make sure you mix well as it tends to sink to the bottom of the chocolates for uneven sweetness.
The first step, you can see below, is adding the coconut oil to a bowl. I measure it solid at 130 grams and would recommend using an inexpensive kitchen scale to do the same. If you don’t have a kitchen scale, that’s ok, just make sure you use a level 3/4 cup solid coconut oil.
Tools for Vegan Freezer Chocolates
As far as the kitchen tools you’ll need to make these, all I really recommend is using the silicone ice cube trays picutred below. I like these because:
- They’re the perfect size to make 15 square chocolates.
- They’re easy to use as you can easily pop the frozen chocolates out once they’re done.
- They’re inexpensive and versatile. I also use these to freeze things like leftover tomato paste, vegetable broth and coconut milk.
Once you’ve mixed the melted coconut oil, cacao powder and stevia, use a tablespoon to divide the mixture evenly between the ice cube squares. Each square should get 1.3 tablespoons, so add 1 tablespoon to each first, then I go back around dividing one more tablespoon between every 3 squares. After you’ve added the chocolate mixture to the ice cube tray, they just need to set in the freezer until solid and that’s it!
How to Enjoy these Chocolate Fat Bombs
I love these straight from the freezer. I pop one right into my mouth and let it melt for a good few minutes. It’s bliss. I love these after dinner for a sweet, sugar-free treat that takes care of any sugar cravings.
If you prefer a softer chocolate you can bit into, let them sit at room temperature for 5-7 minutes before eating. The coconut oil will soften at room temperature for a silky smooth, Icy Square-like texture.
If you make 15 chocolates out of this recipe, each chocolate will be just 85 calories with 9 grams of fat. Each one has 1.5 grams of carbs and 0.5 grams of protein so they’re very low in carbs and essentially all fat.
More Vegan Desserts
Loving these freezer chocolates? You might like these too:Print
- Add the coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl or small saucepan and either melt in the microwave for 30-45 seconds or stovetop for a couple minutes until it’s completely melted with no leftover chunks.
- Gently stir in the cacao powder until you have smooth melted chocolate.
- Stir in 20 drops of stevia, taste and add a few more if desired. Stir in the sea salt, if using or sprinkle sea salt on top once you’ve added the mixture to the ice cube tray.
- Use a tablespoon to evenly divide the mixture between 15 servings. I use this silicone ice cube tray to make these. You can also use silicone cupcake liners or chocolate molds. It should work out to about 1 and 1/3 tbsp per chocolate. I add 1 tbsp to each square then add another 1 tbsp to every 3 squares to get it as even as possible.
- Place the ice cube tray in the freezer for 30 minutes until the chocolates are frozen solid. Pop them out of the tray and store in the freezer in a sealed container for up to 3 months.
I love eating these straight from the freezer and letting them melt in my mouth for the most delicious rich dark chocolate treat. For more of an Icy Square, softer chocolate you can bite into, let them sit at room temperate for 5 minutes before eating.
Keywords: coconut oil chocolate, freezer chocolate, raw vegan chocolate
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 85
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.5 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 0.5 g