- small to medium-sized acorn squash
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- To make acorn squash, cut them in half lengthwise then scoop out the seeds. Place them on a baking sheet face down and bake until tender, about 30-40 minutes depending on the size of the squash.
- Once they’re soft, fill them with your topping ingredients and dig in.
- Store any extras in the fridge in a container for up to 4 days.
Nutritional details for this recipe will vary but if your half squash serving is 200 grams and you serve it with 4 tbsp (60 g) of coconut yogurt, 1 tbsp of peanut butter and 1/4 cup of low-fat granola it will be 350 calories with 54 grams of carbs, 12 grams of fat and 9 grams of protein.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Protein: 9 g
Keywords: breakfast squash recipe, squash breakfast bowls