If you love strawberry rhubarb crisp, you’ll love this fresh and fruity bowl of oatmeal.
- 1 cup plant-based milk of choice or water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1–2 tbsp sweetener of choice, see notes
- 1/2 cup (50 g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen sliced strawberries
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Bring the milk or water to a light simmer in a small saucepan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5-7 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 3-5 minutes to further thicken, then scoop into a bowl and serve with additional fresh sliced strawberries and a drizzle of plant-based milk and/or maple syrup.
Sweetening options: coconut sugar, monk fruit sweetener, brown sugar, maple syrup or agave, or stevia to taste for sugar-free oatmeal.
Keywords: rhubarb oatmeal, strawberry oatmeal