- 1 cup plant-based milk of choice or water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1–2 tbsp sweetener of choice (coconut sugar, monk fruit sweetener, brown sugar, maple syrup or agave, or stevia to taste for sugar-free oatmeal)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (50 g, use gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen sliced strawberries (plus additional for topping, if desired)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Bring the milk or water to a light simmer in a small saucepan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5-7 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 3-5 minutes to further thicken, then scoop into a bowl and serve with additional fresh sliced strawberries and a drizzle of plant-based milk and/or maple syrup.
Keywords: rhubarb oatmeal, easy, healthy, rhubarb porridge