Easy strawberry oatmeal crumble bars made with sweet fresh strawberries and layers of oat crust and crumb topping.
Crust and Crumb Layers
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (150 g)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (120 g)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar (65 g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted or very soft coconut oil (100 g)
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, leaves removed and diced (454 g)
- 2 teaspoons tapioca starch
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar (15 g)
- Prepare: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Make Crust & Crumble: In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, brown sugar, and flour. Add vanilla extract and coconut oil. Mix until all ingredients are well combined and clumps begin to form.
- Press Crust into Pan: Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan evenly, reserving 3/4 cup for the crumble topping.
- Mix Strawberry Filling: Add the diced strawberries, tapioca starch (tapioca flour), lemon juice and sugar to a bowl and gently mix to coat the strawberries.
- Add Strawberries to Pan: Pour strawberry mixture over crust in pan and spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle with Topping: Take the reserved 3/4 cup crust and sprinkle it over the strawberry filling.
- Bake: Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the strawberries have cooked and are bubbly. The crumble should be a light golden color.
- Cool: Let the bars cool for a minimum of one hour before removing them from the pan.
- Slice: Once cooled, slice into 16 squares and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 1.4 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
Keywords: strawberry oatmeal bars, strawberry crumble bars