For the Protein Pudding
- 1 cup cooked and mashed (250 g) squash of choice (butternut, acorn, kabocha or canned pumpkin)
- 1 scoop (30 g) vegan vanilla protein powder
For the Toppings (optional, use toppings of choice)
- half a banana, sliced lengthwise
- pinch of cinnamon and coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp walnut pieces (or other chopped nut of choice)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds (or other seed of choice)
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed butter (or other nut or seed butter of choice)
- To make the pudding, add the cooked squash to a bowl and mash up with the protein powder. You can add a little splash of almond milk or scoop of coconut yogurt if you prefer it to be a little creamier.
- To make the caramelized banana, spray a skillet with a little non-stick avocado or coconut oil cooking spray (or use a very small amount of coconut oil), sprinkle both sides of the sliced banana with a pinch of cinnamon and coconut sugar and cook over medium-high heat until browned on both side. This only takes a minute or two. Try not to overcook it or it will be so gooey it falls apart.
- Top your protein pudding with the caramelized banana and any other desired toppings and enjoy.
To roast squash, cut in half and place face down on a baking tray. Roast at 450 degrees until easily pierced with a fork, approximately 30-40 minutes. Remove the seeds (you can remove before baking if you prefer), scoop out the cooked squash and enjoy.
Keywords: plant-based, healthy