Spinach Avocado Hummus
This spinach avocado hummus is a little bit hummus, a little bit guacamole and all delicious. It’s smooth, creamy, flavourful and perfect paired with tortilla chips or spread in a wrap sandwich. This recipe is vegan, oil-free, sugar-free and gluten-free.
How to Make Avocado Hummus
Making avocado hummus couldn’t be easier! Toss everything in a food processor and blend until smooth. That’s it!
Can I use a blender instead of a food processor?
Yep. It just takes a bit more work than a food processor.
How long does it keep?
You can keep this hummus in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 day.
Avocado Hummus Recipe
This avocado hummus is like guacamole and hummus all rolled into one. You can just imagine how good that would be. The recipe is oil-free and vegan and can be whipped up in minutes in a food processor.
- for spicy hummus add up to 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes or cayenne
- for extra creaminess, use up to 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil instead of water
- try kale or cilantro instead of spinach
More hummus recipes
Loving this avocado hummus? You’ve gotta check these out too:
This would also be great on avocado toast, added to a salad, spread in a veggie sandwich, wrap, burrito or quesadilla or slightly thinned and used as salad dressing.Print
- 1 19 oz can chickpeas, drained and well-rinsed (2 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 1 medium-sized avocado, about 120 grams once removed from the skin
- 1/4 cup tahini (60 g)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 small handful fresh spinach (about 30 grams or 1 lightly packed cup), optional
- 2 tbsp water (or additional lime juice)
Keywords: oil-free, healthy, easy, vegetarian, homemade
This recipe was originally published June 7, 2015. It was updated with new photos September 2019.