Spicy Vegan Ginger Cookies
These delicious spicy vegan ginger cookies are easy to make and perfect for the holidays!
The cayenne pepper is completely optional, it doesn’t make them too spicy but adds a nice kick. I’d recommend giving it a try! I love it! I’m almost tempted to add black pepper in there as well but I haven’t tried it yet. What do you think? Black pepper in cookies? It seems logical to me…
When these cookies come out of the oven, they’ll seem under done but they will firm up nicely as they cool. Make sure your oven has heated right up to 375 degrees, that way the 8 minutes should be perfect.
I’d let them cool completely before you enjoy them and if you can wait until the next day, the taste even better! They actually get even better as the days go by, I guess the flavours all meld together and all that’s left over is delicious!
Here are some more vegan cookie recipes you’ll love:
- Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies
- Tahini Date Cookies
- Healthy Oat Cookies
- Turmeric Carrot Cookies
- Vegan Thumbprint Cookies
- Mix the flax egg and set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the melted coconut oil, molasses and flax egg and use your hands to mix.
- Mix until all the dry ingredients have been moistened, really get in there with your hands working it all together.
- Roll the dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Press down lightly with a fork.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove from over and let cool completely. They’ll seem undone when they come out but will firm up as they cool.
- Makes approximately 26 cookies.
- Store them in an air-tight container.
Keywords: vegan molasses cookies, spiced, easy, quick, holiday, christmas